Fraser River Safari Frequently Asked Questions
Can’t find your question here? Call us at tel #604-826-7361
1) How often do your tours run? – Our Safari’s can run 7 days a week, year round.
The Fraser/Harrison River Safari prime season is July – November
The Eagle Tours on the Harrison prime season is late October – Mid December
Groups of 8 or more can book ANYTIME of th of the year
2) Do I need to book in advance? – We encourage everyone to contact us in advance to avoid being disappointed on arrival.
3) How many people are needed to make a tour run? – We can not run a tour without our miniumim passenger requirements met, which is 6 paying passengers on a trip or the equivalent there of. Some exceptions apply.
4) How many people does your boat hold? – The custom designed “safari craft” can hold up to 22 passengers.
5) What payment options do you have? – We can take Visa, MasterCard or cash for payment
6) What happens if it rains or snows? – Our boat is fully enclosed and heated by 5 heaters, on inclement weather days we enjoy great adventures and no one gets cold.
7) Can children enjoy the tour? – Tours are designed for everyone. We run scenic, fully interpreted tours and as in any good safari we search for the amazing creatures that the Valley is home to. Shorter tours are better suited for small children.
8) Are there washrooms on board? – Our longest stretch between bathroom stops is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes. There are washroom facilities at the Harbour and at different stops along the river.
9) How long are the tours? – Different seasons and tours have different timings, generally all tours are between 3 and 5 hours in length.
10) Do we get off the boat? – Most trips include offloading at least once to give guests an opportunity to get off the boat and stretch their legs.
11) Can you arrange special outings for groups? – We have accommodated many different groups and requests. Give us a call and we would be happy to arrange meals, transportation or even accommodation to personalize your experience. We offer special group rates too.
12) Do you offer fishing? – We do not fish on our expeditions but we watch many salmon and amazing white sturgeon pulled in by our friends who are Fraser River Guides.Or we would be happy to book a guided fishing adventure for you with one of the expert guides that we work with.
13) Can you hire the Fraser River Safari boat for charter services? – Yes- we have been chartered by many different organizations and have hourly/daily rates. Please contact at 604-826-7361 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
14) What is your cancellation policy? – Outside of emergency situations (i.e. illness or injury) we ask that you give us 48 hours cancellation notice. Some exceptions do apply.
15) Do you have your Transport Canada Blue Decal? – YES we do!
Rob and Jo-Anne Chadwick/ Fraser River Safari